How often should we plan to maintain our exterior paintjobs?
- In Salt Lake City and the rest of Utah, and the surrounding contiguous States, residential and commercial exterior paintjobs typically need attention and maintenance every 2-5 years, and perhaps more often in some cases, as with yearly, or bi-yearly exterior timber and wood staining, etc. Our climate puts our exteriors through some extensive and stressful variables in temperature, including; wind, sun, snow, rain, moisture, and severe dryness. These conditions come and go several times during the course of a single year! These dramatic changes and variances can wreak havoc on our exterior finishes, such as; wood, aluminum, and masonry products. Though 2-5 years is an average, it's really just a guideline. It may be necessary to paint more in certain climate conditions and locations.
Benefits of Exterior Painting & Staining
- Helps Building Materials perform their proper functions and protection from the elements. Repelling moisture, rot, wind, and sun damage
- Gives the appearance that the home or business is well cared for and maintained
- Makes the biggest impact for the least amount of money
- Adds value to your home or business
- Provides necessary aesthetics /curb appeal
- Update and stay current with color trends
- Offers greater perceived value and care for neighbors or discerning buyers